Enter your private mortgage insurance premiums in box 5 of your 1098 entry screen:
- With your return open, search for 1098 and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
- Follow the instructions and questions.
- Soon, you'll come to the 1098 entry screen. Your PMI/MIP is entered in Box 5 – Mortgage insurance premiums.
- Can I deduct private mortgage insurance (PMI or MIP)?
- Where can I find my 2020 (current-year) AGI?
- How do I amend my 2018 taxes to claim private mortgage insurance premiums?
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 - what's in it for you
- I filed my 2018 taxes before the Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2019 passed, do I need to amend?