Where do I enter my exemption number or ECN? - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.182 helpful votes

Where do I enter my exemption number or ECN?

If anyone in your household didn't have health insurance in 2018 and has an exemption number (ECN), follow these steps:

1. Select the Take me to my return  button (or continue your return if using a CD/download version).
  2. Select Federal from the main menu on the left (Federal Taxes or Personal if using CD/download version) then select Health Insurance.
  3. When asked if you had health insurance in 2018, select the option that applies to you, and Continue.
  4. If you had insurance part of the year, select the months you had insurance and Continue.
  5. On the Did you have a situation that waives the tax penalty for being uninsured? screen, scroll down to Applied for an exemption, and select Got an exemption certificate number from the Marketplace and Continue.
  6. On the Let's get your exemption certificate number (ECN) screen, enter the requested exemption information and Continue.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in