If you started in TurboTax Free Edition and upgraded TurboTax Live Basic and added MAX, but would like to remove TurboTax Live and keep MAX, you can. It takes a number of steps to do so, but don’t worry. This process gets you to TurboTax Free Edition with MAX.
If you began your return in TurboTax Live Basic or talked to a tax expert, you won't be able to remove TurboTax Live without clearing your return and starting over.
- With your tax return open, select File (if you don’t see this, select the menu, or 3-line icon to open the side menu).
- Proceed through the screens until you reach the Just a few steps left... screen, then select Start or Revisit next to Step 1: Review Your Order.
- Select Remove under Max Benefits and confirm on the next page that you’d like to Remove MAX Benefits.
- On your order summary screen, select Downgrade under TurboTax Live Basic and confirm you’d like to Downgrade on the next page.
- In the left menu, select Upgrade.
- Select Get PLUS benefits.
- Select File again from the left menu.
- When you return to the Just a few steps left... screen, then select Start or Revisit next to Step 1: Review Your Order.
- Select Add MAX next to MAX Defend & Restore and Continue on the next screen.
- On your order summary screen, select Remove under PLUS Benefits and confirm on the next page that you’d like to Remove PLUS Benefits.