Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Benigna

Unknown

I notice there are missed and late payments on my report for accounts that I do not have.

Also, there is a Bank requesting a credit report and I am NOT doing business with that bank.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Unknown

You should consider filing a dispute if there are inaccuracies in your credit reports.

See https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0151-disputing-errors-credit-reports

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unknown

You should consider filing a dispute if there are inaccuracies in your credit reports.

See https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0151-disputing-errors-credit-reports

Unknown

Start by getting all three of your full credit reports from all three bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.

"Soft" inquires can come from banks that want to see if you might be a good candidate for a credit card or loan. They can be annoying but don't hurt your score.  "Hard" inquires should only happen when you actually apply for credit.  A hard inquiry on your account might be a simple mistake, or it might be a sign that someone tried to get credit in your name.  You will need to contact the lender and ask for the security department to figure out what is going on.

You can also "lock" or "freeze" your credit report at each of the three bureaus.  This will block hard inquires and should mostly prevent any lender from opening an account in your name.  The main downside is that if you want to apply for credit, you will have to remember to temporarily unlock or unfreeze your credit first.  You need to do this for each bureau.

You can appeal with the credit bureau to fix your report but they are only responsible to accurately report the information provided from the lenders, so you should start by contacting the individual lender reporting the problem as well as filing an appeal with any of the 3 bureaus that are reporting incorrect information. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies