turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JosephB
Returning Member

Taxes

My taxes are suppost to come to my netspend card but netspen wont let me activate it and my refund will be here soon what will happen to my taxes if i cant activate my card
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JosephB
Returning Member

Taxes

My taxes are suppost to come to my netspend card but netspend wont let me activate the card and my return is suppost to be here in a couple days what will happen to the return if card is not activated

Taxes

You said Netspend.  So is this not the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card?

This is mainly a user community forum, so we won't know what is going on with your Netspend card.  You'll need to phone Netspend's customer support and speak to one of their agents.  Perhaps their customer service number is on the back of the card.

"Netspend won't let me activate it."

Ask them why you are having trouble activating your card and what specifically will happen to your refund if it's released in the meantime.

You can check the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund:
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE:  When the IRS releases your refund, that tool will say they sent it to your "bank", even if you chose a card.  A card also uses an underlying bank account and routing number, so the IRS tool views all direct deposits as going to a "bank" even if it's a card.

If you had any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund, the funds will go first to an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.    Then the rest is sent to your card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies