Tax return

I signed up for turbo tax and completed my w-2's or 1040, and my return money back is 523, i have the turbo card i got in the mail to have that on the card as i assumed, but even after activating the card, i still dont have a balance on the card. Is there a step im missing to receive my $523 in my tax return?

Tax return

The card is mailed right away, but it won't be loaded with your refund until the IRS pays the refund.  (Technically, the third party processor opens a temporary bank account in your name to receive the refund, and when the IRS pays it, the bank deducts any fees and loads the rest onto your card, and closes the temporary account.)  Check at www.irs.gov/refunds.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**