Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Karito

Remove debtors with zero dollar balances

Good evening, how many I remove creditors with zero balances from my credit report? Also why did my credit score drop with in a few months? I got a notification that there was in inquiry and I have not apply for anything at all in at least 5 or so years to my knowledge. Thank you stay safe and healthy. Best Regards, Karen Pulido 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can contact the creditors and make a request, but you will probably have to wait until the accounts with zero balances  drop off after a certain period of time.

You can get your free credit reports from the site below which you should review for any inaccuracies.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can contact the creditors and make a request, but you will probably have to wait until the accounts with zero balances  drop off after a certain period of time.

You can get your free credit reports from the site below which you should review for any inaccuracies.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

A closed account will stay on your credit report for 7 years if there are any bad marks associated with it (like late payments).  If the account was closed in good standing, having it included on your account probably helps your credit score, since it shows that you have a history of paying on time.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies