turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reinstating My Credit Card

Due to some previous financial hardships, I fell behind on payments and my credit card was subsequently placed on an inactive status. For over the past 6 months I have been making regular on-time payments in hope of restoring my account status. I have spoken with several representatives at the company regarding reinstating my card and I have been repeatedly told that this cannot happen. If I close the account or stop paying it altogether it will reflect poorly on my credit score. Therefore, I continue to make monthly payments. I would like to keep the card, but I would also like to have the privilege to use it if needed. What options do I have regarding appealing this decision?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Reinstating My Credit Card

Nothing except keep calling them.  There is nothing in law that would force a lender to lend you money, or open a line for you.  Once you completely pay off the card, wait and see what they do.  They may close the account, or leave it open inactive, or let you activate it again.  If you have the option of leaving it open and unused, and showing you paid in full, that will eventually help your score.  Don't close the account unless they force you to.    Can you pay it off any faster?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies