Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xxhacbyq
Returning Member

Regarding the "turbo.intuit.com" product offering "free financial planning". It asked me to verify credit report, but the Q's were about people and places I don't know.

This is a crosspost from Taxes Discussion Forum.  Please excuse the repitition, I got to the error through TurboTax, so when I pushed "help" it posted in the "Tax" forum instead of the "Credit" forum.

Anyway, I got an offer to join "Turbo" after completing my taxes (late I know), but I can't get through the "verify your identity" questions since I have no credit history (I'm in highschool).  I even called TransUnion and they verified I have no credit history, but are sending me (via postal mail) a offical credit report, which I think will be a blank page.

Anyway, the whole Turbo product is locked out for me.  When I try to sign in it asks me four questions to "verify my identity".  All four of them are nonsense questions with the option "none of the above" which is how I answer all four.  Every time I complete it I get the following error message:

One or more of your answers doesn't match the information provided by our credit bureau partner

For security reasons, after a fixed number of errored attempts, you won't be able to pull your credit score for 30 days.

But I answered all the questions correctly.  None of them apply to me.  I even called TransUnion and they said they couldn't pull my credit since I had insufficient credit history.  Why is Inuit trashing my credit with a 30 day lock out?  I didn't do anything wrong.  Isn't there anyone at Inuit I can talk to about it?  I can't log into Turbo Online because of the above error, and there isn't a "Contact Us" link I can find.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Regarding the "turbo.intuit.com" product offering "free financial planning". It asked me to verify credit report, but the Q's were about people and places I don't know.

The service is called “Turbo“, it allows you to look at items on your credit report and gives you a “vantage score” credit score, which is similar to but not the same as the official FICO score.  You can access the service via the website or a app on your smart device.

when you login, it will attempt to connect to your credit report by asking you questions where the answers come from your credit report and are assumed to be things that most hackers would not know about you.  Such as, your address 10 years ago, or the name of the bank where you had a car loan.

There are two common areas of confusion with this process. One is, that sometimes the system will deliberately ask you a question that has no right answers. In this case, it’s OK to say “none of the above”.  Second, sometimes the lenders names are abbreviated or is not the lender you think. For example, if you obtained your mortgage from ABC bank, but ABC bank transferred the loan to XYZ servicing company, it might show up on your credit report as XYZ, which you would not recognize.

If neither of these two situations sounds like what you experienced, then the program may have been looking for someone with a similar name who is not you. Could you have mis-typed your Social Security number?  Or, if you have never checked your credit reports before, it is possible that your credit information is mixed with someone else’s in your credit file.  This could be a problem just with TransUnion, which is the company turbo users, or it could be a problem with all three credit reports.

start by going to www.annualcreditreport.com, where you can get one free credit report from each of the three credit bureaus per year. Get all three of your reports, and check them for inaccurate information.   If you can’t get your reports on that website, you will have to call the three credit bureaus directly and speak to someone over the phone.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies