Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out what a new account is that lowered my credit score

I checked my credit this morning it went down? There was a new account added called I C system I have no idea what this is and says it’s 4 months old how do I find out what it is to fix it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Start by getting your full credit reports from all 3 bureaus.  If the account was added to your file by accident, it might not be on all 3 reports.  Your full report should have the address and phone number of the lender.  Call them and ask them what's up.  If this is not your account, you should then ask them to correct the credit report, and you can mail a letter to the credit report informing them of the mistake and asking them to remove the account.  If you find this is ID theft, there are other steps you can take.  Or, it might be something legitimate that you did not realize would be listed on your account, like getting a joint account with someone else or being a co-signer. 

You can get your full credit report for free once a year from the web site https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

You can also get a full report from each credit bureau, but you may have to pay for it, or at least enroll in a free membership and they will try to get you to buy upgrades that you can refuse. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies