Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cole4
Returning Member

Question about my turbo account

I just did my tax returns and got the turbo app after and when I logged on it shows that I have a credit score of 790, with bank debts that are being paid off every month. I have never opened up a credit account. Is this a mistake or is this credit fraud/ identity theft? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/

to get a free full credit report from each bureau.  If you have never had credit, then either someone is using your identity, or maybe the bureau has you linked to someone else by mistake.  If you check all 3 reports, and only 1 has the problem, then its more likely to be a problem with that bureau. 

Rdixn

I believe your answer is in your question. Everyone has a credit score. If you have bank debts that are being paid for on time every month, that is awesome and that is how it’s so high. It shows that you’re responsible with your money. 

But if she has no knowledge on these accounts being paid monthly then someone could be using her name / personal information, for their own personal advantage. I’d be skeptical perhaps very concerned if I saw unusual activity, specially if it’s currently taking place . That’s just weird. Of course thankfully it’s improving her credit and not the complete opposite, but that should definitely be investigated further. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies