Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paypal credit cards marked inactive incorrectly

A few days ago all PayPal credit cards were marked inactive and revert back to inactive if you try to fix them.  It's using the new "crypto and master card" style login.  Any news on a fix?  Basically all our transactions go through that connection so Mint is basically unusable for us now. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies

Contact PayPal at (888) 221-1161

Also have same problem

If I delete from mint, it will connect properly for 1-2 days. And then it turns inactive after that. There is no way to force "active"

Hi,

I have the same issue where my paypal credit cards are being marked inactive.

Were you able to find a fix?

Same issue here too the PayPal credit card marked inactive or just not showing up at all. 

I also have this issue. PayPal Credit has worked fine for years, but the other day Mint forced the account to inactive.  I even deleted and re-added the account since I didn’t care about history. Unfortunately same issue. The PayPal deposit account balance is fine, but not the credit account. Seems there’s a connection issue on Mints end recognizing the credit account. 

I guess we keep waiting. Right now mint is marking my credit card account as a checking account... This definitely feels like issue on mint side. It was working a few days ago but still even then not automatically getting balance information I had to manually update it by logging back in on mint. 

Same issue here, super annoying. Paypal has always had issues with the transactions with mint that I've had to get around, but not showing up at all won't work. Any fixes?

I just contacted Mint support and they indicated their tech team is aware of the issues with PayPal and are working on it. My experience with bank/account/connection issues like this is they can usually get resolved within a few weeks to a couple months at the latest. For now we just have to sit tight. 

Thanks for the update.
I had to import all my transactions from PayPal Credit Cards manually for now.
Guess will have to use another credit card for the automatic transaction imports till this is resolved.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you having trouble with a Mint account being inactive, please chat with Mint here, and they can work on forcing the account back active. @samanderson2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They told me that was a temporary fix, and it does not fix the issue

"If we do not resolve the issue with just marking it back to active that will go back to active so if you would like I can mark it back active but you will most likely have to chat back tomorrow to do the same as well."

Apparently chat can fix this if you have time to sit around with them for a long amount of time. I did not have the time to waste my day with fixing their issue. Frustrating, but advice if someone here has time to kill. This should be able to be fixed in the background for all users involved, without me having to sit there and do Intuit's job for them 

@CarissaM 

Two months later, still an issue. I don't really care that much because Mint's handling of PayPal transactions is mostly broken anyway, but this is still a bug.

Same here.

Support mentioned they are aware of the issue and will just have to wait on a fix.

Finally, I gave up and started pulling paypal transactions manually.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies