turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not my score?

Okay, so my credit score is very low, I am 20 with no Loans, only had my credit searched a few times at dealerships, but I shouldn’t have any credit, I believe my credit is on my dads because he has the same score as I do. We have the same name and I won’t know how to change it back to my social can anyone help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Not my score?

The score is the least important part of your credit file.  You and your father should each pull all 3 of your credit reports (Transunion, Experian, Equifax) for free from www.annualcreditreport.com.  Make sure each item belongs to the correct person.  (You say you have never borrowed money but have some inquiries, presumably your father has a few loans and so forth.)

As long as the items in your file belong to you, then the scores being the same is probably a coincidence.

Now, if you look at the Turbo® app or web site and you see only your father's loan accounts, then you have somehow accidentally tapped his credit file, but that seems very unlikely to happen by accident.  You would need to log out of your account and create a new account that was linked to your credit file in that case.  But if you are seeing the correct information (addresses, loans, inquiries listed only belong to you) then the score is probably a coincidence. 

Not my score?

It is not mine, I pulled my credit and it is still pulling up as my dads, Not sure what to do about this.

Not my score?

I don't see how you could have made a Turbo® service account to get your father's credit report unless you entered his SSN on purpose instead of yours.

You and your father should still check all your credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com.

You can't reassign your Turbo® account to a different person's credit file, you will need to make a new account with a new user name.  If using the web site, go to turbo.intuit.com and click "sign up."  Use a different user name and password than you used before, and make sure you did not automatically get logged in to your first account (you may need to delete your browser cache and saved passwords and turn off auto-log-in).  In the smartphone app, go to Settings, click log out, then click sign up to make a new account.  You may need to delete and reinstall the app to clear its cache. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies