Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the credit score tool provided by Turbo Tax and used it to check loan rates which it said would be a soft pull however I got an email saying I was denied a loan?

martinmarks

Doubt you were denied a loan because you checked loan rates or a credit score

It's unclear to me.  When I looked at my phone app, it also said I could "unlock" my rates and it would not affect my score.  However, I assume that the next step would be to actually apply for a loan.  Is it possible you accidentally applied by clicking "yes" one too many times?

It's also possible that the email is an unrelated spam or scam.

I would contact the lender directly -- get their number from their verified web site, don't use the number in the email since it could be spoofed.  Ask their customer support if they really do have an application on file for you and ask them for the details.  You can also try calling Turbo® customer support.