Solved: How can y’all get an old bill off of my credit rep...

How can y’all get an old bill off of my credit report

How can an old bill come off of my credit report?

You would have to contact the credit company to have the account removed.  YOU MIGHT THINK CLOSING a credit card or other account might remove it from your credit report automatically. But while closing an account prevents you from using it, that doesn't mean it disappears from your credit history.

Credit reports include information for both open and closed accounts. As long as they stay on your credit report, closed accounts can continue to impact your credit score.

If you'd like to remove a closed account from your credit report, you can contact the credit bureaus to remove inaccurate information, ask the creditor to remove it or just wait it out.