Anyone or a combination of the following could have happened:
- You applied for credit and was denied
- You made hard credit inquiries (cell phone provider, credit cards, banks, etc.)
- You closed one or more of your old revolving accounts.
- You co-signed for a 3rd party
- One or more of the tradelines are reporting your payment 30 days late
I don't know why this isn't discussed more, but 3 years ago my credit score dropped 100 its. and it was because a bad mortgage had fallen off of my credit report after 7 years. I asked a credit consultant why and he said this is not unusual...?