turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Report

When offered a free credit check by TurboTax, I obliged, and entered in my information. When I got to my security questions, they were definitely someone's, but not mine. Every single one was very specific and had nothing to do with me. After trying the series of questions twice, I was locked out for 30 days. I fear someone has stolen my identity. I understand that I am young (early twenties) and don't have much credit, but that doesn't explain the security question issue that arises before a report can even be given. What do you think? and if my identity has been stolen, what is the next step?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cole4
Returning Member

Credit Report

Same thing literally happened to me today. I wanted to check my score after my taxes and it gave me the bizarre specific questions that were not for me. I am also in my early twenties and should have little to none credit built up. I was able to log on to the turbo app (somehow it let me through the questions??)  and it shows my credit to be 790 and 7000 in debts being paid off monthly.  Idk if this is a mistake by turbo or identity theft. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies