Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Company reporting

I’ve been using Mint and the Turbo app The past few months. We are getting ready to pre-qualify and buy a home.  I’ve paid down my credit cards to 20%. I noticed in the Turbo app a few credit cards are still showing 90% balance. Those statements came out over two weeks ago. Is this what shows on by Trans Union credit report? Or is the app just a little behind? My credit score has gone up from 568 to 739 In less than one month!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Credit Company reporting

If you go to the credit debt tab, it will tell you the date that Turbo was most recently updated from TransUnion.  I think Turbo updates every one or two weeks.   But the credit card companies themselves may not update TransUnion more than once a month.  The only way to see what your TransUnion credit report says as of today is to log into the TransUnion site and see what information you can get for free. They will want you to register for an account and will want to sell you upgraded services. You don’t need those services unless you really want them, but I don’t remember how much of your credit report TransUnion will show you for free.

You can also get one credit report per year from each agency for free by going to www.annualcreditreport.com. However, because you only get one per year, you will want to be strategic about when you use it.

All three credit bureaus will allow you to sign up on their website and will show you at least part of your credit report for free. I just haven’t used them recently myself to know what you get for free and what they want you to pay for.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies