Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Check

is it possible to get the credit inquiries on my score erased since my mother (who I am cosigning for) did not get approved by some of them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Credit Check

No. The point of a credit score is to predict your risk for a future loan. Applying for credit multiple times makes you look like a more risky borrower, whether or not you succeeded in getting the credit. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Credit Check

No. The point of a credit score is to predict your risk for a future loan. Applying for credit multiple times makes you look like a more risky borrower, whether or not you succeeded in getting the credit. 

Credit Check

Thank you, Opus17. Thankfully, since the credit check was for the same financing it only counts as 1 inquiry. 

Credit Check

@abbeygale876 wrote:

Thank you, Opus17. Thankfully, since the credit check was for the same financing it only counts as 1 inquiry. 

Multiple checks within a 14 period count as one check for score purposes, even though all the checks will be listed on the report.  Inquiries are also a fairly small part of the overall score, even though they are probably the most easily noticed factor ("my score went down and all I did was apply" etc.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies