Credit card advice

So I’m wanting to raise my credit score . I am single I rent and the only debt I have is one credit card thru my bank which is $3000 . My credit score is 599 . I have not had credit that long because I was in a long term relationship and everything was in that persons name . I am scared to get in debt like I even bought my car in cash lol . But it keeps saying I need more on my credit line . I also only make 20k a year . I’m wanting another credit card to help me with these emergency expense things that keep coming up . Side note I do have a lot of medical debt . I have found it impossible to pay down and I have tried to make payment arrangements but the minimum they will take a month is way out my price range . I now have great insurance and that won’t be a issue anymore for me . I wanna know which credit card company I should try ?

Credit card advice

You should probably not try and get an additional card but, rather, make an attempt to increase the limit for the one you already have, if you do anything along those lines at all. The following thread has some good tips and information for consolidating debt and other strategies to raise your credit score.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credit-score/discussion/has-anyone-ever-consolidated-credit-cards-...

Simply put, you would most likely be better off just concentrating on paying down your current debt as much as possible.