Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does TT keep saying my daughter wasn't seeking a degree in college and she was. The scholarships were for her to finish her 4 yr. degree.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Why does TT keep saying my daughter wasn't seeking a degree in college and she was. The scholarships were for her to finish her 4 yr. degree.

This often happens when the education section is incomplete or you may have erroneously answered or skipped a question in the 'Education' section of TurboTax.  I suggest going back through that section to carefully review and update your answers.  TurboTax doesn't know what kind of degree she is working on, so it will ask you.  If you skip this question, it will assume ''not degree seeking''.  

It is easy to fix.  Type in ''education'' into the search bar (top right of page) and hit enter.  Then click on the ''Jump to'' link in the search pane.  This will take you back to the beginning of the interview.  The 3rd question asks ''Was [NAME] Working on an Associate, Bachelor's, or Graduate Degree?''  Answer yes, and continue through verifying all info is correct.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

This often happens when the education section is incomplete or you may have erroneously answered or skipped a question in the 'Education' section of TurboTax.  I suggest going back through that section to carefully review and update your answers.  TurboTax doesn't know what kind of degree she is working on, so it will ask you.  If you skip this question, it will assume ''not degree seeking''.  

It is easy to fix.  Type in ''education'' into the search bar (top right of page) and hit enter.  Then click on the ''Jump to'' link in the search pane.  This will take you back to the beginning of the interview.  The 3rd question asks ''Was [NAME] Working on an Associate, Bachelor's, or Graduate Degree?''  Answer yes, and continue through verifying all info is correct.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies