When I add the info from my 1098-T it still comes ...

selamac00

When I add the info from my 1098-T it still comes out as 0, why is it not taking the amount of money I type in?

Hal_Al

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a screen titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case.

KathrynG3

It depends on whether you qualify to take an education credit.

Keep in mind that dependents cannot claim the education credit. You must have qualified education expenses. The American Opportunity Tax Credit is for the first four years of education following high school graduation. But, other credits also exist. 

See the articles below for more details:

Who is eligible to take the American Opportunity Tax Credit?

What education tax credits are available?