Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What qualifies as proof of address for a child? He is not in school so I do not have any school records I could provide.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

What qualifies as proof of address for a child? He is not in school so I do not have any school records I could provide.

If your child didn't go to school, you can send in copies of medical records or a statement from a daycare provider for proof of address.

Check out IRS Tax Topic 654 for more details:  https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc654.
    Rachel_W
    Expert Alumni

@brittneejune If this didn't answer your question, please clarify below.

He is not in daycare. I also do not know how to access medical records. Could I use a letter sent the the address with his name on it from Medi-Cal?
    Rachel_W
    Expert Alumni

Yes, that would be a great start.  You can also ask use a statement you have received for him at the doctors office.
    message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies