moonspots

Were do I enter mandatory private music lessons (taught by a professor) for college that is not listed in the college bill?

Can I deduct this like a book expense? Or would I claim it as the amount on the bill is different then the amount paid? The amount is 140.00 for spring and fall of 2016. This is a mandatory expense that is required to attend school and have music classes. I do not know why they do not include it in the bill. Thanks Kelly

LeeM

You would include those as other expenses/tuition not on a Form 1098-T. Once you enter your Form 1098-T and answer the questions after that, you will have the opportunity to enter the additional expenses then.

LeeM