ryanbartz01

The IRS kept my return because my wife has student loans, the only thing is she does not work and only my income supports the household. Is there anything I can do?

I filled married joint and I live in Florida.

TomD8

Yes - you can file an Injured Spouse Form 8379.  If you return has already been processed, you'll have to file the form by mail.  It is not necessary to amend your return - just mail the form itself with the required supporting documents. 

The Injured Spouse form will protect your portion of a joint refund.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8