Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

I don't have topic 203 but I did have to verify my identity about a week ago. When I called back to see why my bars weren't showing up three days after verifying, the customer service rep said she saw an offset. My taxes were taken in full last year because of a student loan. When I checked Credit Karma the debt is all cleared except for $80. I called the offset line and it says no offset found. Is there another number I can call to get the correct answer and who I owe?

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

most seem to think of we just went into default it probably won’t catch up with us until next year..do we’ll have time to work with them up until next year!
i currently have a 2/27 DDD. like you i desperately need too...
hoping we see it tonight..

Still no change for me any one else see anything new

still ‘by 2/27’

hoping tonight it goes in

Talk about keeping people in suspense also bothsocial security numbers still have no offset found on them when I called the numberI guess tomorrow is the moment of truth or will be kept in suspense

I do have an offset. I looked it up online and called. It's only for $80 but still!! So my question is when will I get my letter of offset and why are WMR not showing any bars still with the "we can't provide you with any information? Again I verified a week ago!! When I did verify the offset I did find out what date they took the money. If that's how it's going to be this year I probably won't get my refund until the end of next month! BUT I am praying it comes sooner!!! I'll keep you updated

where can you look it up online??  i called n it says no offset...

@riafit You can order your transcripts online. It should show you. I also called the Treasury Offset Department. I tried option 1 first, but no offset. I tried option 2 and it gave me the company name and number that has it offset.

@riafit it was a student loan like I said!! Just waiting for them to send my letter for the offset and when they'll finally release my money.

@riafit I've done both options and still have no offset so maybe that's good news is today the first time you called that number

i have called every day!! no offsets on either options rjavery9832

I called and have an offset. Didn't know until WMR went to approved. Department of education won't answer, always hanging up. So sent a email. I made way less this year so getting back way less. I did set up a payment plan recently

so.. once it went to approved it told you offset??
and the number told you yes also???
bjmjr0424

If have an offset does the hotline you call to enter your social security number know
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies