Solved: Should I expect to receive a 1098-T for completing a phlebotomy course through the local community college (Spokane Community College)?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbecker824

Should I expect to receive a 1098-T for completing a phlebotomy course through the local community college (Spokane Community College)?

I paid tuition out of pocket then recieved a scholarship for a portion of the tuition.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Should I expect to receive a 1098-T for completing a phlebotomy course through the local community college (Spokane Community College)?

Yes.  You should.  

As Spokane Community College is an eligible educational institution for claiming educational benefits, you should be expecting one.  I would suggest you to contact your school for verification. 

If you paid tuition and books & supplies expenses out of pocket, you are entitled to claim a credit or deduction for the amount that is not covered by your scholarship. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Yes.  You should.  

As Spokane Community College is an eligible educational institution for claiming educational benefits, you should be expecting one.  I would suggest you to contact your school for verification. 

If you paid tuition and books & supplies expenses out of pocket, you are entitled to claim a credit or deduction for the amount that is not covered by your scholarship. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings