turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

znyang00

Where is the MD 502SU form in turbo tax 2022 where one could claim deduction of MD prepaid college trust? Noticed 2020 did not have that form filled

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Where is the MD 502SU form in turbo tax 2022 where one could claim deduction of MD prepaid college trust? Noticed 2020 did not have that form filled

As you go through your Maryland return, look for the page titled, 'Here's the income Maryland handles differently'.

Scroll down to the Education section and click Start or Revisit beside Maryland College Savings Plan Contributions to enter your information.  This will add MD 502SU to your return to claim your deduction.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Electronically, Form 502SU is filed out (with $20) and this amt is included on line 13 of Form 502. But when I print my MD return Form 502SU is not included in my return. It is not included even when I try to print all the forms and worksheets. It states on the top of FORM 502SU to include it with other income tax forms but Turbo Tax will not let me print the form. Please help me understand how to print this form or understand why it is not part of the documents to be submitted. 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

If you have only one subtraction on Form 502SU, including the form with your state return is optional.  This may be what you're seeing for a return to be mailed.

If there's only one subtraction, the amount and code letter would simply appear on line 13 of Form 502, with no Form 502SU needed.

According to Line 13, SUBTRACTIONS FROM INCOME in the Maryland State and Local Tax Forms and Instructions, [i]f only one of these subtractions applies to you, enter the amount and the code letter on line 13 of Form 502; then the use of Form 502SU may be optional.

@DNich 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies