Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DR2003

Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)

I received a K-1 for a 2023 Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)  payment ($1000) I made to a PA Foundation and entered the information in the K-1 section of my 2023 Federal tax return.  Turbo Tax correctly recognized 90% of the contribution ($900) as a tax credit on my PA State return, but treated 100% of my EITC payment ($1000) as a Gift to Charity on my Federal return.  As I understand the Federal Tax Code and instructed by the Foundation receiving the contribution, only 10% of the contribution (the amount the state doesn't allow for the credit) is allowed by the IRS as Federal Charitable deduction.  I tried accessing the detail  Charitable Contributions Federal Tax Form on my return and adjust the deduction from $1,000 to $100, but found the total contribution amount ($1000) is automatically transferred from the K-1 to the Federal Charitable Contribution worksheet and  will not allow an adjustment to the amount.  As result, the Charitable Deductions on my Federal Return are overstated by $900.  How do I correct the amount I am reporting as a Gift to Charity deduction on my Federal return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@DR2003 are you taking the standard deduction?  if so, it doesn't matter - let it go. 

DR2003

I itemized deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies