pchindickey

My wife and I live abroad in the UK. Does her school and tuition qualify for a deduction?

The school does not have a 1098-T form.
Her school is in the UK.
Our student loans are FAFSA.
We are US Citizens.

MargaretL

Your wife's tuition does qualify if it is paid with student loans, the tuition is considered to have been paid by your wife. 

A qualified school is any college, university, or other post-secondary educational institution eligible to participate in a student aid program Administered by the U.S. Department of Education.  Most foreign schools are not.  However, please refer to the  U.S. Federal Student Aid link to check if your university is a qualified educational institution for tax education purposes.

Your wife doesn't have to have 1098-T if the school is qualified school, but is exempt from issuing the form since it is foreign. When going through the Education section, you will be able to indicate that you don't have the form and that you qualify for an exception of not receiving one; you'll be able to enter tuition expenses then. 

MargaretL