turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes said I qualified for tax breaks from my student loan interest and my military travel, but they aren’t showing up in my total at the end? Why is that, am I doing something wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

My taxes said I qualified for tax breaks from my student loan interest and my military travel, but they aren’t showing up in my total at the end? Why is that, am I doing something wrong?

You can preview your tax return before filing to see if the student loan and military travel deductions were included in your return.  See the FAQ below for how to preview your return before filing:

Your student loan interest deduction is reported on line 33 of Schedule 1, which will then be included in the amount calculated on line 7 of the 1040 form. 

For your military travel, if you are a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces and you travel more than 100 miles away from home in connection with your performance of services as a member of the reserves, you can deduct your un-reimbursed travel expenses on your tax return.  These military travel expenses will be reported on line 24 of Schedule 1, which also will then be included in the amount calculated on line 7 of the 1040 form.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302322

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies