Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return amount lowered when I accidentally said I was in school. I am not a student

There is a question that asked if I was a student or enrolled in school.  I answered yes by mistake.  I noticed my return went down.  can you help me find this and change it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

My return amount lowered when I accidentally said I was in school. I am not a student

That (saying you are a student) should not have lowered the tax refund, but this is how you can change that answer. 

Go back into your return and click on "My Info" on the left sidebar of the screen.

Answer all the questions and you will land up on a "Personal Info Summary" page.

Click Edit on that page and you can change any of the personal info questions previously answered. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

That (saying you are a student) should not have lowered the tax refund, but this is how you can change that answer. 

Go back into your return and click on "My Info" on the left sidebar of the screen.

Answer all the questions and you will land up on a "Personal Info Summary" page.

Click Edit on that page and you can change any of the personal info questions previously answered. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies