My parents paid my tuition, however, I am filing as an independent. I'm not sure if I should claim my educational expenses or not. Might be useful to note that I was also a full time student.

I wouldn't think I could claim it, however, I found a link to a TurboTax discussion that says otherwise: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2622235-if-i-file-as-an-independent-but-my-parents-pay-my-tuition-....

I can't seem to find the other link now, however, it appeared to have a conflicting answer. Would any other pieces of information help?

If your parents are eligible to claim you as their dependent, only they can cliam your educational expenses.

See Rules For Claiming Dependents

If no one is eligible to claim you, you should cliam yourself and thus you should deduct all of your educational expenses-no matter who paid them.

To enter educational expenses:

• Type in 1098-t in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass

• Click the jump to 1098-t link in the search results

• Follow to prompts and online instructions