loriannthree1

My daughter work a couple months last summer made 1941.75 and is full time college student do i need to file something for her recvd a w2 2016 thank you

MinhT

If your daughter is under 24 and a full-time student and you provided more than half of her support, you can claim her as a dependent.

With $1,941.75 on a form W-2, she is not required to file a tax return. However, if she has tax withheld, she can file a tax return to get a refund. She has to indicate on her return that she is claimed as a dependent by someone else in the Personal Info section of TurboTax.

MinhT

loriannthree1

Thank you so much for your assistance
MinhT

You're welcome!