My daughter went school in London , Where I get 10... - Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

My daughter went school in London , Where I get 1098

My daughter went to school in London ,where I get 1098T ?
1 Reply
Level 15

My daughter went school in London , Where I get 1098

You probably can't get one.  Most foreign schools don;t issue them, even if they are an eligible institution.

Many schools no longer mail out the 1098-T.  You obtain it from your school account, on line.

 To be eligible for the tuition credits or tuition & fees deduction, the course must be taken at "an eligible institution". The school should be able to tell you if it is an eligible educational institution. In general, an eligible educational institution is an accredited college, university, vocational school, or other postsecondary educational institution, including accredited, public, nonprofit, and proprietary (privately-owned, profit-making) postsecondary institutions. Additionally, in order to be an eligible educational institution, the school must be eligible to participate in a student aid program administered by the Department of Education. If they issue a 1098-T they are probably an eligible institution.

Enter your school at the link below, to see if it's on the dept. of education list. (choose foreign country for state)


If your school is on the list, you answer that you have an exception to the requirement for a 1098-T

Privacy Settings