j-gallagher01

It is Saying my 19year old full time college student does not qualify for the child tax credit, How do I correct this?

macuser_22

A dependent must be under age 17 (not older then 16) at the end of 2020 to qualify.

Hal_Al

Your child is  too old (over 16). You can still claim your child, as a dependent. What you can't claim is the Child tax credit. This comes as a big surprise to many parents the year their child turns 17. A child over age 16 no longer qualifies for the Child Tax credit (CTC). Although a child can still be a student dependent through age 23, and a qualifying child for EIC,  the Child Tax Credit expires the year they turn 17 and you no longer get the $2000 CTC. Instead you will get the non-refundable (up to) $500 Other Dependent Credit.