writer0

I paid $2,000 of my son's tuition bill and should be able to get a tax credit for that. But I didn't see instructions for it. Where do I find that on the TurboTax form?

Hal_Al

Your son must be your dependent, on your tax return, for you to claim a tuition credit.

In TurboTax (TT), enter at:

Federal Taxes Tab (Personal for H&B version)

Deductions & Credits

-Scroll down to:

--Education

--Education Expenses

Hal_Al

If your son is your dependent, and your son or  other relatives, paid additional tuition, or other qualified expenses (fees & books), you may include what they paid in calculating your tuition credit.  There's even a loop hole available to claim the credit, if he is on scholarship.