sgrenee7

I'm a nurse and have traveled for education seminars. These seminars are for continuing education that is required to upkeep my licenses. Can I deduct these expenses?

Bsch4477

If you are an employee you can’t deduct those expenses as of tax year 2018.  If you are self employed you can deduct them on Sch C. 

MinhT1

It depends.

If you are an employee, these costs are job-related expenses and you cannot deduct them. 

Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the itemized deductions for job-related expenses subject to the 2% of AGI floor are suspended for expenses incurred after December 31, 2017 through 2025.

If you are self-employed, these costs are deductible as a business expense.