I'd like to use the tuition deduction for my high ...

I'd like to use the tuition deduction for my high school dependents tuition fees instead of the American Opportunity Tax Credit. The app won't let me control this.

The AOTC is limited to 4 years and I plan to use this down the road.  They are doing college classes in high school now.  Turbo Tax won't let me change this selection.  I'm stuck going with AOTC.

Type letme (no space between let & me) in the search box. When the dropdown list appears, click on letme rather than "jump to letme''. On the next drop down, click on the "jump to letme” link.

TT will give you the option to select another tuition credit (LLC) or deduction.

Yes, you answered my question.  Thank you.  After further research and consideration, I decided to go with the AOTC after all.