briacalver

I am 25, a college student, no longer living at home and I filed my own taxes. Do I qualify for a stimulus check?

MaryK4

Yes, if you got your refund it means no one else claimed you- after you are 24, there is also an income restriction so it is more difficult to be a dependent as a graduate student.  

@briacalver

MaryK4

Yes, if you were not a dependent on someone else's return and filed your own tax return, you should get the stimulus check if you otherwise qualify.

briacalver

Would someone be able to claim me as a dependent without my knowledge? I got my tax return already so does that mean I wasn’t claimed as a dependent?

MaryK4

@briacalver