Solved: Got audited--was told education credits on line 33 needed more proof--the amount is on my 1098T (tuition)--need signed explanation--send 1098T to them showing amount??

Got audited--was told education credits on line 33 needed more proof--the amount is on my 1098T (tuition)--need signed explanation--send 1098T to them showing amount??

should I send a signed paper stating this is for tuition and send them a copy of my 1098T--not sure what they want.  don't want to pay them until I really understand why they don't accept this online version.

They want proof that you actually paid the tuition....a cancelled check, bank record, credit card record, etc.