esmpsn15

Filing 1098-T, but I attend University in the UK, and TurboTax is kicking back state and zipcode as invalid. FedSchoolCode list says "NC" and "00000". How can I proceed?

Cindy0H

Unfortunately, there is a new requirement for 2017 that requires a Federal EIN in order to claim the American Opportunity Credit.  Codes "NC" and "00000" will not be accepted.

Without this number, you will not be able to claim the AOC but could still be eligible for other educational benefits such as the Lifetime Learning Credit.

If you have more questions about this, ask in the comment below.

Info on the Lifetime Learning Credit:

[Edited 03.24.19|11:32am PST]

Cindy0H

[Edited 03.24.19|11:32am PST]