Do I use my dependents college tax forms 1098-T ev...

Do I use my dependents college tax forms 1098-T even if they will be filing own taxes.

Yes, as long as you are claiming the student as your dependent. 

If the 1098-T generates a credit, you claim the credit. 

(more expenses than tax-free assistance)

If the 1098-T generates taxable income, the student claims that amount as income on their tax return. 

(more tax-free assistance than expenses) 

Please enter under Deductions & Credits, scroll down to Education. 

Simple answer, the 1098-T goes on your return  if they are your dependents. The tuition credits/deduction go with the student's dependency.

That said, the 1098-T is only an informational document. The numbers on it are not required to be entered onto anyone's tax return. However receipt of a 1098-T frequently means you are either eligible for a tuition credit or deduction or possibly your student has taxable scholarship income.  If the student needs to report scholarship income, the 1098-T may need to go on his return.  Sometimes the 1098-T goes both places with the appropriate adjustments to the amounts.