jymiegra

Did i get a lifetime learner credit

i do not see this credit received in the review

AndreaG

Did i get a lifetime learner credit

If you were able to claim any of these education benefits, you will be able to see that on your tax return.

If you filed a Federal Form 1040:

• line 34- tuition and fees deduction
  • line 50 - education credits [this line item is used to report the lifetime learning credit and the nonrefundable portion of the American opportunity credit]
  • line 68-American opportunity credit [this line item is used to report the refundable portion of this credit]

If you filed a Federal Form 1040A: 

•  line 19- tuition and fees deduction
  • line 33- education credits [this line item is used to report the lifetime learning credit and the nonrefundable portion of the American opportunity credit]
  • line 44- American opportunity credit [this line item is used to report the refundable portion of the credit]

To review the entries on your Form 1040:

• Log in to your Turbo Tax account
  • click on "take me to my return"
  • Click on "my account" tab at the very top of the screen
  • Click on "tools"
  • Click on "view tax summary"
  • Click on "preview my 1040". This is part of a narrow white bar at the very top of the screen
  • When your 1040 form appears, you will be able to scroll through and look at the individual line items.
  • Click the "back" button when you want to return to your main Turbo Tax screen. The back button is part of a narrow white bar at the very top of the screen.

AndreaG

Did i get a lifetime learner credit

If you filed a Federal Form 1040:

• line 34- tuition and fees deduction

If you filed a Federal Form 1040A: 

•  line 19- tuition and fees deduction

• Log in to your Turbo Tax account
  • click on "take me to my return"
  • Click on "tools"
  • Click on "view tax summary"