Solved: Can I deduct college tuition and expenses that I paid for my child even if they made too much money for me to claim them as a dependent?

Can I deduct college tuition and expenses that I paid for my child even if they made too much money for me to claim them as a dependent?

What's the difference between tuition credit and tuition deduction and can i use either if my child cannot be claimed by me as a dependent?

If they cannot be claimed as a dependent, you will not be able to claim their tuition.  However, they will be able to.  Tuition credit will reduce the taxes owed, while tuition Deduction reduces your taxable income.