1098-t question regarding Financial Aid
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1098-t question regarding Financial Aid

I was wondering if i could enter the information on the form that i received from my school. I received staffed loans through financial aid. Am i still qualified to receive the Federal Tax Credit?
1 Reply
New Member

1098-t question regarding Financial Aid

If you received a form 1098-T, you must include it in your tax return. You must include all tax forms you receive in your tax return.

To enter your 1098-T, click on "Federal Taxes" > "Deductions & Credits" > scroll down to "Education" and click start next to "Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T). 

You may still get the education credit, but by going through the program, TurboTax will guide you and let you know if you do qualify for the education credit. 

Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings