You can purchase audit protection for this year's tax return (as well as past years) to make sure you have audit representation when you need it. It's best to do this through TurboTax, before you've filed your taxes.
- With your return open, select Review in the left menu (select the upper-left corner to expand the menu if necessary).
- Continue until you see the option to purchase MAX Defend & Restore or PLUS Help and Support.
- Select Add MAX benefits or Add PLUS benefits and proceed. We'll add the MAX or PLUS fees (which includes Audit Defense) to your final tax prep bill, which you'll pay before you print or e-file your return.
- With your return open, click the Review tab, then Audit Protection below it.
- Select Continue on the Audit Defense offer screen and follow the instructions to purchase (via credit card or deduct from your refund).
You can also purchase Audit Defense after you've filed your return, provided you haven't been audited yet. Simply go to the TurboTax Audit Defense website to sign up.