turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stevetse

I paid Sales and Use Tax Quarterly for my business in California. Where do I enter that? Also, do I enter it under the "Business" or "State" section?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PeterM

I paid Sales and Use Tax Quarterly for my business in California. Where do I enter that? Also, do I enter it under the "Business" or "State" section?

You stated that you paid sales and use taxes throughout the year, which I can only assume you mean you either (1) paid sales and use taxes on materials, supplies, equipment, etc... you purchased for your business, or (2) that you collected and remitted sales and use taxes to your state revenue department as you collected them from your customers.

In the case of (1) you will report the entire cost you paid, including sales and uses taxes, on your tax return as business expenses in their appropriate category.

In the case of (2) your total revenues will be reduced by the amount of sales tax you collected and remitted. So, if you had $100,000 in sales and you collected and remitted $5,000 in sales and use taxes, your total revenue before expenses would be $95,000.

Enter the taxes in the Business section either way.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies