Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On K-1 for Profit, Loss, or Ownership % - We are married, contributed capital, own, share profit all 50/50. Which is correct method to use?

In the Partner/Member Information entry panel only one option can be selected, Profit, Loss OR ownership percentage, but then on the K-1 itself in J. a breakdown for each of us as beginning and ending of 50% each-Profit, Loss, Ownership, which looks correct-we want 50% each for all. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
info12

On K-1 for Profit, Loss, or Ownership % - We are married, contributed capital, own, share profit all 50/50. Which is correct method to use?

Are you an LLC? My husband and I are also a Domestic Partnership LLC and share 50/50. I have been doing this for a number of years and in the partnership/member information entry panel, all you need to do is to indicate that you each receive 50%. I wouldn't worry about what ends up on the K-1 form. That form becomes automatic once you enter the partnership information. I'm not an expert, but I have had expertsl look at my form and they agree.

Yes, we are Domestic LLC. In Step by Step 'How do you want to allocate?' there is no choice for how much %, only Profit, Loss, Ownership method option. We have a profit to split 50/50, and that shows up in K-1 J., but should we choose the Ownership method? We do not have any varied or special contributions to consider.
info12

When you get to the Enter Member Ownship Percentage, put in 50%. I believe only if your ownership has changed do you need to fill out the profit, loss, ownership boxes. I fill them out all the same.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies