Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjaa27

Do I include processing fee on payments for my business on my income or busines lost?

I receive paypal payments but I charge a $5 processing fee. Where should I put that on my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Do I include processing fee on payments for my business on my income or busines lost?

Yes, PayPal processing fees paid to your business may be entered as Business Income on Schedule C, typically as "Other Income."

Likewise, the PayPal fees you pay are entered as Business Expenses, under "Other Expenses."

The easiest way to find this section of TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Click on the magnifying glass, type in "schedule c", and hit Enter. The first result should be "jump to schedule c". Click on this link to go directly to the business section.

• Click "Yes" when asked if you wish to work on your business income and expenses. Then click "Edit" to the right of the business you wish to review, or add your business info if you have not set up your business yet.
  • Work through the income screens until you see "Enter Business Income That's Not on a 1099-MISC" (see screenshot #1 below - click to enlarge).
  • NOTE: If you receive Form 1099-K from PayPal, click the box for "Income was received for this business that was reported on Form 1099-K" and enter the total income from this form in the box for "Income or Sales" and skip the next step.
    Otherwise, skip this step and continue.
  • Enter the PayPal fees paid to you under "Other Income."
  • Continue through the interview until you see the Business Expenses summary screen.
  • Click on Update/Start to the right of "All other expenses" and continue until you see "Enter Business Expenses Not Yet Reported"  (screenshot #2).
  • On this screen you can add a custom description (PayPal Fees, for instance) with the amount of the fees that were deducted from your PayPal payments.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies